E - Tracking Hurricanes
- Go to ONE of the following sites.
you live nearest to the Atlantic Ocean, click here to go to the ATLANTIC
HURRICANE TRACKING DATA BY YEAR site.
you live nearest to the Pacific Ocean, click here to go to the PACIFIC
HURRICANE TRACKING DATA Y YEAR site.
- Click on the number next to the icon for the year you were
- Scroll down the page and look for the worst hurricane that year and
click "Details" for the hurricane.
- Using latitude and longitude numbers, plot the path of the storm
when it was classified as a hurricane on the hurricane tracking chart
on the next page.
- Connect the plotted points to show the path of the hurricane.
the track of the hurricane you plotted with the one on the map that
shows all hurricanes for that year.