C - Decoding the Dallas County Texas Tornado Statistics
here to go to the ALL
TORNADO STATISTICS site.
- What years of data were used for the first step?
- Scroll down to the map of the United States
- Click on Texas
- Scroll down to Dallas County
- Of the 66 tornadoes, tally with hatch marks how many were:
F0, F1, F2, F3, F4, F5
- Add your totals as shown below into weak, strong, and violent catagories:
- weak (F0 + F1)
- strong (F2 + F3)
- violent (F4 + F5)
- Now calculate what percentage each category represents of the total
number of tornadoes (hint: divide the number in the category by the
total, 66, and multiply by 100).