section has three pages. Click on the pdf icon at left if you do not have
an activity sheet for this section.
A - Types of Lightning
here to go to the TYPES
OF LIGHTNING site.
- Read the types of lightning section.
- Draw and label the three major types of lightning.
B - Frequencies of Strikes
here to go to the FREQUENCIES
OF STRIKES site.
- Study the flash density map.
- What areas of the continental United States have the most lightning
C - Time of Strikes
here to go to the TIME
OF DAY VARIATION site.
- During what three-hour period do most lightning strikes occur?