section has three pages. Click on the pdf icon at left if you do not have
an activity sheet for this section.
A - Newspaper Use
- Collect the weather maps from your newspaper for one week. Glue
or staple each one on a sheet of paper. After each day, make a
prediction what the weather patterns well be for the next day.
Check the weather map to see if you are correct.
- Collect news articles about weather and its effects on areas and people.
Summarize each article.
B - Observations
- Record the types of clouds you see each day for five days (or longer).
Draw and label each type.
- Visit http://vortex.plymouth.edu/clouds.html
for pictures and explanations of cloud types:
- Make a list of all the lyrics or song titles that are about weather.