C - Progress
The Great Lakes border not only the US, but also Canada.
The water quality of the lakes affects both countries, so we have to work
together to provide a future for the lakes and the people who live on
them. Both countries signed an agreement called "The Great Lakes Water
Quality Agreement" that has helped us clean up the lakes.
here to go to the STATE
OF THE LAKES site.
- Overall, which lake had the highest concentration of phosphorus in
- Which lake had the highest concentration of PCB's in fish?
- Which lake had the highest concentration of PCB's in gull eggs?
- Which lake had the second highest concentration of PCB's in gull eggs?
- Compare the small inset map in the upper right corner to the larger
map. Which areas show the greatest improvement between 1983 and 1991?
- What does the graph of the PCB concentration at Mugg's Island show
is happening over time?
- What do you think caused the trend in question 4 above?