section has three pages. Click on the pdf icon at left if you do not have
an activity sheet for this section.
A - Current Atmospheric Pressure at Sea Level
here to go to the WEATHER
GRAPHICS site at UIUC WW2010.
- Scroll down to and click "Sea Level Pressure - Isobars"
- What is the pressure where you live?
Today's pressure is ____________ millibars.
- What states have the highest pressure on the map?
- What state(s) has the lowest pressure on the map? ______________mb
- What states should have the highest winds? (If you have difficulty
naming the states, look at the map with the abbreviations shown after
question 7 below.)
- What direction are the highest winds blowing from?
- What is the interval (pressure difference) between two adjacent (side
by side) isobars?
- Using your knowledge of pressure and clouds, draw clouds on the U.S.
Continental map where you think it would be cloudy.