section has three pages. Click on the pdf icon at left if you do not have
an activity sheet for this section.
A - The First Tornado Forecast
here to go to the GOLDEN
- Go to the top of the page.
- Scroll down to "March 20, 1948."
- Read the information and answer the following questions.
- What happened at 10 p.m. on March 20, 1948?
- Scroll down to "March 21, 1948."
- On March 21, 1948, the Investigative Board decided that tornadoes
could not be forecast given the current state-of-the-art. What did they
- Scroll down to "March 22-24, 1948."
- What did Fawbush and Miller study over the next three days?
- Scroll down to "March 25, 1948."
- What happened at 2:50 p.m. on March 25, 1948?
- Later that night, what happened for the second time in five days?
- The first tornado forecast led to what?