section has one page. Click on the pdf icon at left if you do not have
an activity sheet for this section.
A - Research
- Research "density currents". Relate density currents to "upwelling".
- Find out how upwelling is related to El Nino.
- Research the different types of sailing vessels used by traders in
the 1500's through the 1900's. How did the materials used to build
the vessels change? How did the sails change? How did the navigation
- Research "doldrums" and "horse latitudes." Why were these areas named
B - Related Web Sites
Atmosphere Ocean Project
- OSU Buoy Group
- World Ocean Circulation
Experiment Global Data Resource
- Ocean Surface Current Analyses
- Realtime (OSCAR)