D - Hurricane Season
- In what time of year do most hurricanes form?
- Where do hurricanes form?
E - Storm Surge
- Scroll down to and read the "Storm Fury " sections.
- Explain what storm surge is and how it occurs.
- Scroll down to the "Storm Surge, Floods and Winds " section.
- Describe the effects of storm surge on coastal areas during a hurricane
F - Size of Hurricanes
on the NOAA "HURRICANE
- Go to the section on "Structure" beginning on Page 8 to
learn about the different features of hurricanes. Read the section "Hurricane
- Describe a hurricane in terms of land area covered and forward speed.
- Go back to Page 7 and read the section "Storm's
- Why does a hurricane die out?