section has one page. Click on the pdf icon at left if you do not have
an activity sheet for this section.
A - Current Meter Floats
here to go to the LAGRANGIAN
DRIFTER FLOAT site.
- What five sensors are attached to a Langrarian drifter?
- What do the sensors measure?
B - Interpreting Graphical Current Marks
here to go to the AVERAGE
ATLANTIC CURRENT VELOCITY site.
- At what latitude range is the current strongest? _____to_____
- Use the legend at the top of the graph and a metric ruler to measure
the strongest current. About how fast is the current?
C - Numerical Compass Directions
- Review the information in your activity book that shows you how to
convert degrees into directions.